!!WELCOME TO VINTAGE SPILLAGE!! :)

Vintage Spillage is an intro to my love for all things RETRO...ENJOY

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A thing of the PAST....

So the other day i decided why not take mama's jersey and see if this look could actually work...I love the dramatic flower detail, a real staple of patterns of the past.

This outfit I'm wearing and the one that Tina is wearing has no vintage elements, but the background pervades Egyptian history, which to me is the most sought after depiction of history there is, considering also that its an imitation that lies nestled in the BREATHE-TAKING Harrods :) *total.bliss*

After scouring for the most boyish look i could find, I ended up with a jersey that once belonged to mama, black cigarette trousers, black blazer, which was formally papa's and whisked those together... Combining female and male elements to produce an androgynous look is always key.

The pattern around the mirrors and on the ''mini-balcony'' take me to medieval times... 

Another piece of clothing which i took from mama...the ''maxi-skirt'' as its now called. This navy-blue pleated skirt goes everywhere with me, on holiday, church, malls, short excursions....EVERYWHERE. its my Joie de vivre :)

Forever new has a selection of vintage-inspired pieces that'll always grab your eye but this dress totally ripped my eye out its socket!! Again, i love the dramatic old way way of using the print on textile...Paired with these cheeky salmon-pink heels i got at Socrati...its a winner

I found a picture of this lovely aristocratic bedroom. What beautiful detail!! I needn't explain it...its just sublime...LOVE IT!!      

I'LL KEEP IN TOUCH AS REGULARLY AS POSSIBLE...
HAPPY BLOGGING YA'LL :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment